Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Summer Triangle with the Milky-way

Not been on much or any astro work with being super busy & stresses but I did get out with my dslr & new samyang 14mm. I captured the summer triangle with the milky-way from North Cornwall. Not the best as I had to use jpg files as I deleted raw by mistake 🙄

I took this on 13-5-23 around 2.30am using:

Unmodded Canon 600D 

Samyang 14mm f2.8 

6400iso 

10x13secs 

Stacked using Deep Sky stacker and processed in Siril and Ps. 

Got some milky-way core and hopefully a pano to process next. This time with raw files 😊

Lee 

Summer-Triangle-13-5-23.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 21

6 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

Nicely done 👍

A favourite area for me. Though I always thought the name 'summer triangle' was a bit odd considering it's with us until December :tongue2:

Thank you, yes I agree as it hangs about until December 😉

6 hours ago, Elp said:

Nice image, always wanted to image the core at some point but weather and opportunity has never allowed.

Thank you. I'd like to image to core properly but from here it gets lost in the LP from the neighbouting villages as I'm on the North coast. 

5 hours ago, FenlandPaul said:

Just such wonderful dustiness on display there, Lee. Very excited to see you enjoying the new lens. I love how the Summer Triangle pops - not always easy to achieve. 👍

Thank you Paul. I'm loving the new lens and thank you for helping me with my questions and asking advice. It was money well spent and very nice for second hand. Would like to get out more with it now and just see what I can get. So much easier than setting up my imaging scope especially in the summer when it's very short nights so not much point. Hoping to catch the miky way for a while yet. Just got to learn how to blend the long exp foreground with the milky-way or night shot background, I only use an older version of Photoshop Cs4. 

Lee

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 1