Planetary Eyepieces

Andrew*

I think I read recently that UK stock on TMB/Burgess Planetary eyepieces is low or non-existant except for one or two focal lengths.

I have the 7mm Teleskop Service version of this eyepiece and would well recommend them. Nice, bright and sharp, with a reasonable AFOV and lots of eye relief.

TS in Germany still have their version available from their eBay store at £59 for one or £99 for two in all focal lengths.

I think the TMB version 2s are soon coming out, but I believe they are almost identical to the previous versions in new bodies... Out of interest, does anyone knwo more?

Andrew

I've tried a couple of those Andrew and they are nice - I had the 4mm and 5mm. It's difficult to glean much from the web about what the version 2's might bring - I suspect it's minor rather than major improvements. This is quite an interesting option, if you don't mind buying from this source:

TMB Optical TMB 6mm planetary (Type II) 1.25" eyepiece

Got to be one of the cheapest ways to own a piece of TMB kit at least !.

John

Archived