SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher mount Snap port

Hi All,

Firstly apologies if this is not the most appropriate section to ask the question, but i'm planning to buy the Skywatcher StarAdenturer GTI as a portable grab and go go rig that i want to use with a mirrorless camera and i want to try and understand how the mounts snap port works for shutter release on my mirrorless camera.

Now for the bit i don't understand - after i attach the appropriate shutter release cable between my mount and the camera, how do i control the number of shots i want / duration etc from my Astronomy software like SGP Pro or Nina ?  how is this configured in astronomy software as i'm assuming that it's trigger through the Ascom driver somehow ?

Also is the snap port on the Skywatcher mounts 3.5mm or 2.5mm and are they 3 or 4 pole ?

Many thanks in advance,

Rich.

Rich, a quick google suggests that the cables are available to suit specific cameras as one end will be fitted with a connector suitable for Canon or Olympus etc - Looking at the images the jack plug is TRS, that's tip, ring and sleeve 

Full details of how it works can be found in the StarAdventure user manual  - Here is FLO's mini guide which should help 

Never used it, but Google is a wonderful thing !