Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stacking different sub lenghts with WBPP into one image

Hi, as the title says. I have some 30s subs and 60s subs, I can get WBPP to stack them seperatly in one run but I was wondering If I can get WBPP to stack both together. I have had to us the image intergration tool to do it after and although it works it is a bit long winded after waiting fo WBPP to do its stuff.

Also while Im here I have a load of data taken last year of the Squid Neb, this year Im going to do some more. Do I need to stack all the subs to gether again or an I missing something were i can just add new subs to the old data results.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks in advance.

In the Post-Calibration tab of WBPP, go to the top right selection box "Exposure tolerance" and set that number to be higher than the difference you have in your subs. For example if you set it to 30s images within 30s of each other will be stacked into a single master light so in your case 30 and 60s would be stacked together.

And yes, you can keep adding subs to year old projects. As long as you calibrate everything with their own calibration frames it really doesn't matter which year the data was taken on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ONIKKINEN said:

In the Post-Calibration tab of WBPP, go to the top right selection box "Exposure tolerance" and set that number to be higher than the difference you have in your subs. For example if you set it to 30s images within 30s of each other will be stacked into a single master light so in your case 30 and 60s would be stacked together.

And yes, you can keep adding subs to year old projects. As long as you calibrate everything with their own calibration frames it really doesn't matter which year the data was taken on.

Thank you, Ill give that a try.

Maybe you know this bit already, but in addition to the exposure tolerance, you can use the Grouping Keywords (on the right) alongside similarly named sub-directories to flexibly pre-process different groups of subs. So you might calibrate separately (due e.g. different flats or exposures), and then stack together. Or calibrate and stack separately (e.g. mosaic panels). And with the subs and flats in the appropriate sub-directories you can load all in one go using the Directory button (bottom left).

re: adding subs later - no problem, but to get the benefit you need to run ImageIntegration on the whole stack again (obviously don't have to re-calibrate the old subs, but you might not be able to do this flexibly in WBPP)

• Like 1