SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

eqdir cable driver

It is worth making sure you have the FTDI drivers loaded.

They are supposedly downloaded automatically with some win installs , but I found that direct download of them solved my "driver not found" errors which stopped EQMOD working for me.

VCP Drivers - FTDI (ftdichip.com)

(remember to reboot laptop after download)

Edited by fifeskies
  • Like 1

Two ways to check.

Insert the EQDIR cable, then open device manager, and under Ports section see what's listed.  Normally it will state FTDI or Prolific. 

If it doesn't state the chipset used then click on the properties button and select the Details tab.  In the "property" dropdown list select "Hardware ID's and in the value box below it the chip ID will be listed.  For example, I have a Lynx Astro EQDIR that just gets listed as USB Serial Port (Com4), but under the ID it states "FTDIBUS\COMPORT&VID_0403&PID_6001"  - If you just get something like "ACPI\VEN_PNP&DEV_0501" then simply google that string and download the driver that matches.

• Like 1