SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Berlebach planet large measurements

Acrab67

Hello,

In relation to the long Berbelach Planet tripod, Would someone be so kind as to tell me what the maximum height is in its lowest position (with the legs folded up), as well as the distance between the tips of the legs?.

Thanks 

Víctor

From the floor to the top of the head mine is 87cm, and 74cm between two the tips of the rubber feet. You’ll see from my photo that it’s not fully folded in, but I’ve adjusted my figures as if they were.

IMG_1923.thumb.jpeg.14f111d8f09800dede64acedb151f898.jpeg

Cheers Magnus

• Like 1

Hello,

Thanks for the information. I see you have an AZEQ6 mounted on the Berlebach in ALTAZ mode. My concern is that the optical tubes I have hit one of the legs of the tripod. My SW tripod has the tubes replaced by others of greater thickness, and I have put some 2mm supplements in the head so that the legs do not open completely and there is a distance between them of 91-92mm, with a height of 88mm . In principle, with the medifas that you pass me I would have no problems. Was the change worth it?

All the best.

Victor

Yes the change was certainly worth it. The Planet is far more stable and solid than the SW 2” tripod. As for tripod-strike, these pictures show that it’s not a problem for me, with my previous 300p, my current 300/carbon-tube, and my Stellarvue SVX140T. Though I did consider the extension pillar, so far it’s (just) not been necessary:

IMG_1539.jpeg

IMG_6763.jpeg

IMG_1215.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elp said:

Got a different config but I sometimes use a SW mini pier and mount my alt az on top of that, scope completely clear of legs.

Hi,

I'd rather not use extension tubes if possible because of the instability they introduce into the system. According to my calculations, with the distance between the legs of the Planet that my colleague told me before, both my Newton 250 f4'8 and my TS 125 f7'8 would have no problems.

Thanks and regards

Víctor 

• Like 1