Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M36 & M38 in Auriga

Coco

Taken with EOS 40D 5 x 30s ISO800 CLS Filter

Using an EF 135L f/2 @ f/2

RAW Images stacked in DSS and stretched in PS4 plus a few tweaks using Astronomy tools.

One note is that until I used the 'lighten only DSO & Dimmer Stars' action there was no rose shaped blushing. I could have de saturated but I like it :)

Thanks everyone for the RAW DSS tips... :)

original.jpg

An unusual take on a much loved area there Coco, it's not very often you see them both widefield like that and you have made a nice job of it. It would be interesting to see what comes out of the blushing area with say an hours worth of data.

Phil

This is amazing for the short exposure time of 2min 30 secs. Was it shot at a really dark site.

Whats caused the purple nebulosity pictured. It's looks lovely and really adds to the photo but It's not really there.

This is amazing for the short exposure time of 2min 30 secs. Was it shot at a really dark site.

Whats caused the purple nebulosity pictured. It's looks lovely and really adds to the photo but It's not really there.

Thanks everyone.

Doc. The purple glow appeared out of no where once I started to stretch the image. Maybe it was purple fringing more apparent in the centre due to the star clusters. The lens was wide open @ f/2

I have researched photos of these two clusters and can find no similar nebulosity.

The subs were taken at 11pm on the shore line in Ullswater Lake District. The sky was inky black and no apparent light pollution to be seen. The temp was dropping and I had 2 young teenagers moaning about the cold. I only managed a few subs before packing up :)

I'll go on my own next time. :)

I was intriged Coco so also googled M36 and M38 and have found not one single image or comment of nebulosity in this area.

I would have thought it was two wide a area for peurple fringing.

Sounds like a perfect dark site, no apparent light pollution, I would be in heaven.

I was intriged Coco so also googled M36 and M38 and have found not one single image or comment of nebulosity in this area.

I would have thought it was two wide a area for peurple fringing.

Sounds like a perfect dark site, no apparent light pollution, I would be in heaven.

Here is the 16bit TIFF straight from DSS

Have a play :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jdwjdzjk2yl/M36-M38-16bit.tif

Cheers

Guy

Archived