SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Image aquisition software

I used APT when using a DSLR but switched to NINA with the astro camera. I particularly like the framing tool in NINA. The only problem I have had with NINA is the connection to the mount dropping. This seems to be a common issue and is remedied by removing the mount limits. However, I am not overly happy about having no limits set in case the meridian flip fails whilst I am tucked up in bed.

On 08/05/2023 at 19:39, Clarkey said:

I used APT when using a DSLR but switched to NINA with the astro camera. I particularly like the framing tool in NINA. The only problem I have had with NINA is the connection to the mount dropping. This seems to be a common issue and is remedied by removing the mount limits. However, I am not overly happy about having no limits set in case the meridian flip fails whilst I am tucked up in bed.

Just saw this and would agree that removing the limits is papering over the issue. As an aside I, and many others, have no issues with limits and mount drops. I know @Stuart1971 has been posting there today about the relative merits of GSS over EQMOD but is that maybe something you could try to get things working? I also use GSS by the way and have no issues at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Clarkey said:

Thanks @scotty38. I might look at GSS. However, it will be a pain as I have 4 imaging computers to change over....

No worries but you can install GSS and then select that option in the app versus using EQMOD so you shouldn't need to do any major changes or anything. If it's not for you then just reverse the selection.