Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Venus clouds under excellent seeing (1/5/23)

Kon

I managed my best Venus session this year. A balmy 18 degrees, blue skies and perfect seeing. I captured at 630pm when the sun was still high up. The UV is showing loads of details and it was th easiest to process, mostly registax and a tiny bit of denoise and sharpening in Astrosurface. IR also showed some details as well as the colour capture. The false colour and UV captures are my best so far. 8" Dob, manual, asi462mm, 2.5x TV powermate, UV and IR astromania. Resized 150%.

image.png.e0ab0bebfcc65bfe0532aba0448a5bfa.pngVenus_uv.png.72a2972c43a7b2af0426a2f63bed46c5.png

• Like 17

7 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Nice one Kon. looking pretty tasty. The structure has really come out well. All the effort you have been putting in, has paid off

Thanks. I am really pleased with this result and I have a few more captures that I want to process and possibly combine in winjupos. The seeing was so good that I could focus on the clouds. I feel I could push it more but it started getting rather artificial.

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

Brilliant! Ive not seen anything better this year for UV detail. Well done Kostas!

Thanks. Very pleased with the result. Lets hope we get more of the good seeing conditions. We were overdue.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kon said:

Thanks. Very pleased with the result. Lets hope we get more of the good seeing conditions. We were overdue.

Just looking at ths on my big monitor and it looks even better! Cloud cleared out too late here last night. Weather looks rubbish for next week.  You've got one special capture in the bag there Kostas thats for sure!

• Thanks 1

I would post my results from the other day but would get laughed at .

I have had only 2 imaging runs of venus this time round and as mentioned the weather does not look promising any time soon.

1 hour ago, Ibbo! said:

I would post my results from the other day but would get laughed at .

I have had only 2 imaging runs of venus this time round and as mentioned the weather does not look promising any time soon.

I think you should.😉

Venus on a diet taken with 200mm f5 newt and x2.5 powermate with PGR Blackfly cam with cover glass removed.

The ones with the x5 PM were a watse of time.

UV-align.png.b8a49bca179e082a594128b7f2d3b085.pngIR.png.1f247a158f9d3c737bac600996300611.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ibbo! said:

Venus on a diet taken with 200mm f5 newt and x2.5 powermate with PGR Blackfly cam with cover glass removed.

The ones with the x5 PM were a watse of time.

UV-align.png.b8a49bca179e082a594128b7f2d3b085.pngIR.png.1f247a158f9d3c737bac600996300611.png

That looks very good! Nice clouds.

2 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Superb Kon, the processing looks spot on to me.

Registax looks to have dome a great job, did you use the Dyadic option ?

Thanks for the feedback Pete. 

Yes dyadic mostly level 1 and 2. I tried the linear as well but I had to increase the levels quite a bit to get similar result.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Kon said:

Thanks for the feedback Pete. 

Yes dyadic mostly level 1 and 2. I tried the linear as well but I had to increase the levels quite a bit to get similar result.

Thank you for the info, i have some data from last night. The seeing seemed pretty decent and a quick look at the TIFFs from A/S3 suggest it might be pretty good also. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Thank you for the info, i have some data from last night. The seeing seemed pretty decent and a quick look at the TIFFs from A/S3 suggest it might be pretty good also. 

Looking forward to it.