SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Solar Details Ha: Thursday 20th April 2023 - V2 ​ πŸ˜€ ​

TakMan

Had chance today to revisit some data.... also installed the trial of Parallels / Windows 11 onto my MacBook Pro to test out AS!3 and the latest ImPPG

Following is the next data set after the above capture using the newer software... and I think it has done a better job

Difficult to compare (will be going back to the first data to do a back to back test of AS!2/3) and of course I don't have what I did in Photoshop recorded, but I do like what I'm seeing...

Need to check the speed of processing to decide if I want to spend Β£89 on the full Parallels.... or a few grand on a decent Windows i9 gaming laptop!

Taken at 3.50pm BST - 9 mins later than the first...

Basler '174' > Quark Chromo > TEC140 > Baader D-ERFΒ 

300 frames from 3000, Mono 12p, 110fps

08300framesImPPGWindows.thumb.jpg.78790704170f8036c2250293b1ac00a0.jpg

Hopefully have eliminated (or much reduced) the internal reflection that blights this - will see next time out!

Damian

Edited by TakMan
  • Like 8

On 02/05/2023 at 22:08, Kon said:

Excellent image. I am a Mac user and I use crossover for my processing. Everything runs without issues and no need to install windows.

Thanks for this info Kon…

Over the Coronation Bank Holiday, I’ve had plenty of chance to evaluate Parallels running AS!3 (and the new ImPPG) and it has been much quicker than the old way - AS!2 wrapped in WINE.

No crashes and a lot quicker despite having to run Windows 11 as well as OSX. My MacBook Pro, whilst top spec in late 2016 isn’t anything like the latest M1 / 2 powered machines, so I was interested in your post!

I how have AS!3 and ImPPG wrapped in the trial version of the Crossover wrapper and tested to check all working OK. Tonight hope to put some data through them to see if there is the expected speed uplift (with my older machine not having the overhead of running W11)….

Crossover is also cheaper than Parallels and of course takes up less space on the HD !

Fingers crossed - thanks again!

Damian

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TakMan said:

Thanks for this info Kon…

Over the Coronation Bank Holiday, I’ve had plenty of chance to evaluate Parallels running AS!3 (and the new ImPPG) and it has been much quicker than the old way - AS!2 wrapped in WINE.

No crashes and a lot quicker despite having to run Windows 11 as well as OSX. My MacBook Pro, whilst top spec in late 2016 isn’t anything like the latest M1 / 2 powered machines, so I was interested in your post!

I how have AS!3 and ImPPG wrapped in the trial version of the Crossover wrapper and tested to check all working OK. Tonight hope to put some data through them to see if there is the expected speed uplift (with my older machine not having the overhead of running W11)….

Crossover is also cheaper than Parallels and of course takes up less space on the HD !

Fingers crossed - thanks again!

Damian

Great that you are giving it a try. I have a 2013 MacBook Pro with quite a bit of ram and memory and I have no issues running 70000-90000 frames through pipp in no time, 5-10miba. As!3 is fast too. I stack 25-75% , depending on seeing, and it takes less than 5-10min. I use an external SSD for the processing.

I hope you like it. I am running all the windows based processing software without a glitch (I only found pipp a bit buggy that I cannot get the window that displays the image to....well display one to select for image stabilisation, I do planetary and iss imaging mostly so the planetary feature works absolutely fine). You can see my processing with crossover in the planetary section.

Message me if you need any help with it.