Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Canterbury

astrosathya

Hi Everyone, I should've said hello in September itself when I moved here (Canterbury) from Bangalore, India. I would love to meet up with fellow astrophotographers and checkout their "equipment" (pun intended). I love looking at different telescopes and mounts and learning from like minded folk.

Welcome. I hope you have lots of fun, Sathya. 🙂

(… and think it is forever, I believe the Carl Sagan quote continues.)

Edited by Floater
  • Like 1

Welcome to SGL, Sathya.  Many decades ago I spent my teenage years near Canterbury and have fond memories of it. A local astronomical society would be a good place to meet up with fellow astronomers. I’ve just googled and was surprised to find Canterbury doesn’t appear to have one.  Maybe others can advise on other societies near by. Or it’s an opportunity to start one! :) I know there are some SGL members who live in the Canterbury area. 

On 02/05/2023 at 06:48, Ouroboros said:

Welcome to SGL, Sathya.  Many decades ago I spent my teenage years near Canterbury and have fond memories of it. A local astronomical society would be a good place to meet up with fellow astronomers. I’ve just googled and was surprised to find Canterbury doesn’t appear to have one.  Maybe others can advise on other societies near by. Or it’s an opportunity to start one! :) I know there are some SGL members who live in the Canterbury area. 

Hi, apparently the locals go to the Kent Astronomy Society, they have an obsy somewhere closer to Dover. Uni doesnt really afford me the time. Hope to make up now in the summer. :)

19 minutes ago, astrosathya said:

Hi, apparently the locals go to the Kent Astronomy Society, they have an obsy somewhere closer to Dover. Uni doesnt really afford me the time. Hope to make up now in the summer. :)

If you’re at Uni it looks like they have an astronomy soc.  https://kentunion.co.uk/activities/space

Just now, astrosathya said:

yes, I am a namesake member :) (who soon hopes to become telescope officer )

Great.  What’s a namesake member? Never heard of that. 

10 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

Great.  What’s a namesake member? Never heard of that. 

Just something I came up with. "Namesake" is just that I became a member, but haven't participated in any activities :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...