SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Solar Details Ha: Friday 28th April 2023

TakMan

After help from the folks over on SolarChat! and Ewan here 👍 I've started to make a few changes and as luck would have it, managed to test things out in a very small window earlier today...

Not ideal conditions (passing cloud and imaging directly over the neighbour's roof), but grabbed two data sets before said roof obscured the view.

Think I've got rid of most of the newton rings without having to spend more money on a tilter and think I've narrowed down where my internal reflection is coming from - doesn't show itself on full disc images.... also changed some of the capture settings as I wasn't happy with my past Mono8 recordings.... a new baseline for next time out!

Basler '174' > Quark Chromo > TEC140 > Baader D-ERF 

The TEC140 at the full 140mm f/7 and with the Quark's 4.3x internal telecentric, that presents about f/30 at the etalon

Captured in Basler's own Pylon software on Mac. Then AS!2 / ImPPG (under WINE). Then into Photoshop.

AR 5285 / 5288

Mono8 / 165 fps / 6000ms / 300 frames from 3000 - taken at 5.17 BST

02300frames.thumb.jpg.6cadf6a2544c8259b09d16fe84d5c85b.jpg

And the GONG image for ref around the same time:

IMG_7197.thumb.JPG.e7992b264b7903bf4dcd703e084f2e36.JPG

Edited by TakMan
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Good results there 👍, shame the weather isn't so cooperative but lots of sunny ones to come. I've a feeling this year could produce some of the biggest spots seen...fingers crossed. 

Keep it up buddy 😉

• Like 1