1. 1. Do I need a new scope?

• Yes
    • Yeah!
    • Of course.
    • Immediately
    • Get two
    • Takahashi or go home
    • Bigdobbigdobbigdob

A 10" is a pretty powerful instrument. You'll get some really detailed lunar views with it.

I need a proper solar scope. Unfortunately, new kitchen appliances take precedence. My washer/dryer and dishwasher are in need of replacement :sad2:

• Like 2

When the “you need a big scope” affliction hit me I succumbed and bought a used 16” Dob that needs a trolley to move it. It won’t get sold on until I have ticked off my visual object list or I kick the bucket, at the current hit rate it will be the latter.

As for multiple scopes and hopeless weather, I have squared that circle by making most of them available on dual rigs so that if we do get a clear night I can use them all.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

A 10" is a pretty powerful instrument. You'll get some really detailed lunar views with it.

I need a proper solar scope. Unfortunately, new kitchen appliances take precedence. My washer/dryer and dishwasher are in need of replacement :sad2:

We are renovating our apartment so that is soaking up time, money and patience. And creating so much dust, my poor telescopes.

Let's see if I can pick up a used VX10.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ags said:

We are renovating our apartment so that is soaking up time, money and patience. And creating so much dust, my poor telescopes.

Let's see if I can pick up a used VX10.

...or a used VAX to pick up the dust! 

• Haha 3

Well, I did buy a new scope... not a big dob for visual after all... instead a tiny Askar 135 for AP!

I decided to leave the big stuff for after the observatory build.

Edited by Ags
  • Like 2