Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Venus in UV with the C9.25/asi290mm from 17th April

Pete Presland

Venus from Monday 17thApril in very good conditions. Captured at just after 6pm in daylight, using the shed and a garden chair to block the sun 🙂 

Captured with C9.25, ASI290mm, x1.8 Barlow, Baader UV Venus filter. best 20% of 25000 frames captured. Stacked in A/S3 and lightly processed in IMppg and enlarged in CS2.

Also did a quick  run with the 807 filter which i will post shortly.

2023_04_1718.11Imppgcs2.png.ff1f41c471bb9fc1703d8a6d54bb8985.png

• Like 17

Crackin' images, Pete. That Baader UV filter really does the job. I have an Antlia UV filter on the way, a bit cheaper than the Baader (around $200 US) and I hope nearly as good. I'll also be auditioning the Astromania UV filter, part of a three-filter set with a CH4 and IR longpass filters. Should be an interesting time!

Reggie

• Like 1

12 hours ago, orion25 said:

Crackin' images, Pete. That Baader UV filter really does the job. I have an Antlia UV filter on the way, a bit cheaper than the Baader (around $200 US) and I hope nearly as good. I'll also be auditioning the Astromania UV filter, part of a three-filter set with a CH4 and IR longpass filters. Should be an interesting time!

Reggie

It will be interesting to see how they perform Reggie

10 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Ask Kon 

I will try put a review on the Astromania filters when I am back home tonight, it might be useful to others.

• Like 2

Very interesting & congratulations. I tried it with my new Optolong Venus filter and a colour camera. Not a roaring success but I didn’t get far before cloud arrived. Weirdly the image came out in red & yellow. I also found that I needed 1/15 sec exposure with a C11 SCT. I’ll try again with a mono camera