Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

LBN 629 - last image of the season

gorann

For some reason there are very few images of these rather striking dust structures not far from Polaris. I get the impression that the dust is lit up by some of the brighter stars in the image and it is therefore probably not Integrated Flux Nebulosity (which is lit up by the collective radiation of our galaxy)

Sadly this was the last capture for the season for me since I have now lost astrodarkness up here (60° N) for a few months. I guess I will just have to enjoy the summer.

Captured with my dual-RASA8 rig with ASI2600MC (no filter) on a Mesu 200. 160 x 3 minutes, so 8 hours. Processed in PI and PS, including all the XTerminator procedures.

Cheers, Göran

20230421-22 LBN629 RASA1+2 PS15smallSign.jpg

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 13.47.08.png

• Like 22

22 hours ago, Roy Foreman said:

Love the colours. Nice pastel shades, a sort of salmon pink on my screen. In fact it almost looks like a fish swimming, right to left, or do my eyes need testing. Well done, nice image.

Thanks Roy! Yes, I also think I see movement in the image from right to left. I assume it could be an illusion created by some kind of interstellar "wind" pushing on the dust from left to right.

• Thanks 1