Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mystery: AutoRun aborted in ASIAIR

I set up an auto run for each of my LRGB filters. Only the first two sequences were completed. The last two were never initiated. What could cause this to happen? (a power surge??? I'm running this from my home A/C). I'm using a direct Ethernet connection to my ASIAIR Plus. I'm using the AM5 ZWO mount.
Note: This morning I see that the scope stayed stuck in the position of the last frame of the 2nd capture, e.g., the mount never finished or parked. It’s still pointed at the last frame of the second AutoRun.
Also significant:
The last 10 frames before the run stalled showed that second run image began to clip the roof of my house. But why did the tracking stop at this point, which was still about 50+ degrees above the horizon…was it because there were no more stars to guide?
Why would the ASIAIR just freeze in this position?

Are you running firmware version 10.46 and above on the air? Its plagued with issues since v2.0 of the app was launched, when I was running it guiding would just kamikaze for no reason, or it'd plate solve correctly on the first iteration of goto, then go somewhere completely different on the second iteration correction goto. I got so fed up with the issues that I rolled back both the airs and app. No issues since.

So bad I started a thread on it:

Edited by Elp

Problem solved (I think?)

When I saw the scope pointing toward my house this morning at 7:46 AM, I assumed it was ‘frozen’…however from the log file I see that it was still trying to find a guide star, i.e., the scope wasn’t ‘frozen’ it was still tracking!!! (unfortunately, I had disconnected the power before ascertaining this)

Guiding failed completely. Whether it was the clouds or my house, no guiding occurred after the second sequence (i.e., “guiding failed” note in logs) and, I assume, the AIR kept trying to acquire a guide star until I found it this morning.

Since I’m used to using Plan Mode, I’m used to the ASIAIR powering down after the run. So, my guess is that the AutoRun will continue to run (indefinitely???) until it completes the designated captures…is that correct? If so, then since my AutoRun was not completed the AIR was still trying to complete the schedule.

Make sense?

Autorun should continue to run regardless so should still continue to take images whether you're guiding or not. Your issue is right, if there's no stars it can't guide, but the autorun should still continue to take images.

I haven't used autorun in much detail as I routinely use autorun if I'm using the mounts in built tracking without the airs control or if I'm using a second lens running on its own, with a main air doing the main imaging and guiding.

For everything else automated, that's what the plan mode was designed for.

At least you know what may have caused it.

Edited by Elp