Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

OSC Venus 19th April

Space Cowboy

7 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Good colour capture.

Thanks Kostas & Neil! 

Wind was bad but the big 585 chip made the difference. If I hadn't wasted 15 mins fiddling with the ADC I'd have got something better as seeing quickly deteriorated when the sky darkened.

Edited by Space Cowboy

Just now, Space Cowboy said:

Thanks Kostas & Neil! 

Wind was bad but the big 585 chip made the difference. If I hadn't wasted 15 mins fiddling with the ADC I'd have got something better as seeing quickly deteriorated when the sky darkened.

Know exactly what you mean, i had to breakdown the whole setup and shift it 12 feet to the left. And it was already getting dark. The joys of low targets

57 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Know exactly what you mean, i had to breakdown the whole setup and shift it 12 feet to the left. And it was already getting dark. The joys of low targets

I lopped some branches of an apple tree at weekend which gives me a few more minutes. Unfortunately Venus has shifted further North so it still gets in the way 🙄

5 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

I lopped some branches of an apple tree at weekend which gives me a few more minutes. Unfortunately Venus has shifted further North so it still gets in the way 🙄

Its really a moving target isn't it. I am wondering what its going to do next actually. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kon said:

That looks really nice and the clouds have popped more.

Considering how poor the seeing was and the fact I hadn't got the ADC set properly (seems I had the cam sensor too close to the ADC prism (QHY585 body pushed all the way inside) making less scale of adjustment) I'm very encouraged by this result.

• Like 1