Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 4216 + faint fuzzies?

Dunk76

I took this image the other night and sent it to astrometry.net to plate solve it hoping too identify all the fuzzies I can see.

Or they are not fuzzies? 

Image is the jpg from Astrometry.net.       Are there fuzzies in there not caught by the platesolving?

Many thanks in advance!

8305997.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Paul M said:

I just downloaded your image, plate solved and annotated in ASTAP.

ASTAP is very powerful but it does need a few big data files downloading. No big deal with modern WiFi and data packages.

http://www.hnsky.org/astap.htm

I wondered if you could label the fainter targets, such as the PGC catalogue. I have Astap and I didn’t think of it for this! Thanks!

• Like 1

In the latest updates, there is a facility to select an area of your image and then select online querie, Deep Sky Annotation (Simbad), and that goes even more crazy than the hyperleda catalogue.

I just love eeking out the crazy stuff!

Right now my scope is taking subs of a crazy object, the Cosmic Horeshoe. I've already spent some time on it, but tonight is my last effort on this. Mag 20, and it'll be a smudge at best. But the surrounding field is Deep! Probably, no, certainly my deepest image yet. Live stacking in ASTAP and I'm off to bed.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paul M said:

I just downloaded your image, plate solved and annotated in ASTAP.

ASTAP is very powerful but it does need a few big data files downloading. No big deal with modern WiFi and data packages.

http://www.hnsky.org/astap.htm

Hmm...   I do have ASTAP on this pc,  not figured out how to fully use it yet though! 😂 

So much to learn....... 😅 

Cheers.

• Like 1