SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Milky Way core images of the season

I walked to Spit Beach near Par early Saturday morning to take my first Milky Way core photos of 2023, though I found myself sitting on a rock much of the time waiting for high, diffuse cloud to move through.

The following both comprise 5 x 10-sec exposures at f/2.5 and ISO 6400, taken with a Canon EOS 5 MkIII and Sigma 35mm f/1.4 lens on a static tripod. The frames were stacked in Sequator and post-processed largely using an ancient version of Paint Shop Pro.

Regards, and clear skies, Mike.

Spit 35mm 2 b.jpg

Spit 35mm 6 b.jpg

Edited by mcrowle
Corrected a post-processing error
  • Like 12

21 hours ago, FenlandPaul said:

That sounds like an idyllic way to spend the early morning. Nice images too. šŸ‘

Many thanks, Paul! Yes, indeed it was a wonderfully relaxing couple of hours, with just the sound of the gentle waves and the gulls.

However I must admit that Iā€™m not naturally an early riser, and in fact this was a very late night rather than an early morning! If it had not been a weekend, though, I would have done things differently šŸ˜„.

Regards, Mike

Edited by mcrowle
  • Haha 1