Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M106 HaLRGB

Rodd

I can't remember the last time I actually completed an HaLRGB data set.  Conditions were not very good.  I hope to image many more galaxies this season--but it is already showing signs of slipping away.  Due to deteriorating conditions during luminance acquisition, I decided to use a super luminance of RGB and Lum subs.  The super luminance has a FWHM a full arcsec/pix less than the straight lum (seeing was pretty decent for the Red, Green and 1/2 the blue).

C11Edge with .7x reducer band ASI 1600.  About 28 hours - Bin 2

HaLRGB5a-bin2d.thumb.jpg.1fe545e7e75f7c2be304265ae19cf86a.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, alan potts said:

Best I have seen on that one, really superb detail for a galaxy that doesn't appear quite like M32

Alan

Thanks Alan. Yes, this is an interesting one. Too bad it’s not closer, like M31

48 minutes ago, tomato said:

Excellent M106, really great dust detail, have you used BlurXterminator in the processing?

I use all 3 of the RC scripts, star exterminator the least of all, but sometimes

3 hours ago, alan potts said:

Oh dear, didn't notice that mistake, but you knew what I meant. M32 what am I think of.

Alan

I made that same mistake a while ago. Had to look it up to convince myself. For some reason I could have sworn the Andromeda Galaxy was M32.  

4 hours ago, Rodd said:

I made that same mistake a while ago. Had to look it up to convince myself. For some reason I could have sworn the Andromeda Galaxy was M32.  

Got a feeling it's not the first time I have made this error either.

Alan

• Like 1

22 hours ago, alan potts said:

Got a feeling it's not the first time I have made this error either.

Alan

It will probably be the last. Now I double check myself every time I refer to it!

• Like 1