SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SW AZEQ6 altitude limits

Acrab67

Hi,

Would someone be so kind as to explain to me how to correctly set the altitude limits of this mount? I have already looked at the manual, but although I have found the option to change them in the synscan, it is not clear to me how to do it correctly
Thank you

Hello again,
Well, I have already solved the doubt and I have been able to set the upper and lower altitude limits for the mount. I have attached a photo of the maximum altitude at which the tube can work without touching the leg of the mount. as you see?. Is it worth thinking about an extension tube and losing stability to gain a few more degrees?
Thank you

IMG20230418113436.jpg

I'd say go for it.

I fitted the extension tube to mine and haven't noticed any loss of stability.  

Another advantage is that I can image well beyond the meridian with no danger of collision with the tripod legs.

Getting it set up so that it didn't slip round, completely destroying the azimuth part of polar alignment, took a bit of doing but once set it was fine.:

IMG_20230418.jpg.a09608c2e28aae7d752a14c46e01dd75.jpg

I hardly do any visual these days (LED street lights have made it all but impossible), but the guiding accuracy for photography is just as good as it ever was, and this is with a fairly heavy SW 190 MN and camera gear hanging off it.