Narrowband

Headphones (PK164+31.1) and NGC4038-39 from last night

fwm891

NGC4038-39 is only 3x 300s and really just to test what I might get and whether it would be worth a longer session. The arms are barely visible in this 15 min integration so I think another attempt is more than worth the effort.

Jones-Emberson-1 or (PK164+31.1) or the Headphones neb is an integration of 12x 300s subs.

OO VX10 newt on iOptron CEM60, Altair 26C no filters. Processed in PI using BXT and SXT recombining with pixelmath.

Hope you like

PK164+31.1.png

NGC4038-39_NXT_NXS.png

• Like 9

Great results, the Antennae galaxies show a lot of detail given the short integration and they must be low down on the horizon from your location.

I would really like to image them but I would need to travel to an unobstructed site, they just don’t get high enough to clear the neighbour’s houses from my back yard.

I had put this project on the back burner but I might just give it a go after seeing your result.👍

• Thanks 1