Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Canon lens to filter wheel

turbo 2011

Just looking into this myself (though for different camera options). The SX filter wheel is 37mm so not sure this is going to work. Best I can find as an alternative so far is an EF to M48 adapter (10mm), then the Askar 5-in-1 filter drawer (18mm), then onto your camera. Back focus on the SX 825 seems to be 17mm +/-1mm so depending on your filter thickness you may be ok (EF lenses need 44mm backfocus so 3mm filter would get you bang on 44mm).

HTH
Matt

Edited by mattadams

On 16/04/2023 at 12:59, mattadams said:

Just looking into this myself (though for different camera options). The SX filter wheel is 37mm so not sure this is going to work. Best I can find as an alternative so far is an EF to M48 adapter (10mm), then the Askar 5-in-1 filter drawer (18mm), then onto your camera. Back focus on the SX 825 seems to be 17mm +/-1mm so depending on your filter thickness you may be ok (EF lenses need 44mm backfocus so 3mm filter would get you bang on 44mm).

HTH
Matt

Cheers will have a look 

2 hours ago, Dark Raven said:

If you mean something like the photo below there is ZWO adapter for that.
zwo-efw-eos-ii-3-new-eos-lens-adapter-for-efw-example-1000.jpg

Teleskop-Express: ZWO Canon EOS II Lens Adapter for filter wheels and astro cameras

I had seen this set up but it says ZWO only I did email firstlight optics they did send link to this but never mentioned that it would work on SX equipment? Might need to email them back.

9 hours ago, turbo 2011 said:

I had seen this set up but it says ZWO only I did email firstlight optics they did send link to this but never mentioned that it would work on SX equipment? Might need to email them back.

Note that you should keep the total backfocus for Canon EF lenses to 44mm (flange to sensor distance), or you will have a real problem focusing.

N.F.

• Like 1