SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Refractor Aperture Mask

Coco

Found a great seller on eBay, made an aperture mask for my Bresser 127 L, while  by no means does not show terrible amounts of CA Jupiter does get spoiled a wee bit, so for less than a pint of draught lager I thought worth a punt, I have to say it's very well made, shame matt black wasn't available so I'll flock it. 

PXL_20230414_132549804.jpg

PXL_20230414_132751361.jpg

PXL_20230414_132835879.jpg

• Like 1

Whilst undoubtedly a good idea and it looks a snug fit, why didn't they just cut it out of black?

I'm currently CAD designing an 80mm mask for my Evostar 120 that is the hood cap with a [threaded] mask aperture over which you can screw a 'cell' for Baader solar film, over which you can screw a cap fort the mask and film holder. All it needs is my CAD accuracy to catch up but having 3D printed a really nice fitting cap already it shouldn't be too much work to print for a couple of quid.

Russ

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/04/2023 at 23:11, russ.will said:

Whilst undoubtedly a good idea and it looks a snug fit, why didn't they just cut it out of black?

I'm currently CAD designing an 80mm mask for my Evostar 120 that is the hood cap with a [threaded] mask aperture over which you can screw a 'cell' for Baader solar film, over which you can screw a cap fort the mask and film holder. All it needs is my CAD accuracy to catch up but having 3D printed a really nice fitting cap already it shouldn't be too much work to print for a couple of quid.

Russ

They didn't have black, I've flocked one side and painted the other.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 14/04/2023 at 14:55, Coco said:

Found a great seller on eBay, made an aperture mask for my Bresser 127 L, while  by no means does not show terrible amounts of CA Jupiter does get spoiled a wee bit, so for less than a pint of draught lager I thought worth a punt, I have to say it's very well made, shame matt black wasn't available so I'll flock it. 

PXL_20230414_132549804.jpg

PXL_20230414_132751361.jpg

PXL_20230414_132835879.jpg

I'd love one of these. Can you share some details by PM by any chance?. Thanks Rob