Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASIAIR+ guide log files ?

My apologies if this has been answered already (I did look around):

I just finished two 3-hour Autorun sessions last night and the night before and I can't fine guide log files, or a "Log" directory anywhere?

The system does not seem to be creating "Log" directories in eMMC, the SD card, or on a USB stick. Am I missing some switch somewhere. I did allow the Autorun to complete before shutting down ASIAIR.

Puzzled ! 😮

So for those interested, I think there's a bug in the ASIAIR firmware for v2.0 10.45.

After the Autorun sequence is complete (and the system is returned to home - but not shut down) the "Log" directory does not show up in the ASIAIR file browser for either the SD or USB medias.

But, if you take the SD or USB (whichever you selected) and plug them into a computer (Win 10) the "Log" directory appears, and it contains the log files for that session.

Puzzling, but at least they are available. 😀

• Thanks 1

Reply from Chen at ZWO:

RE: jpoulette "the "Log" folder and files only appear once you remove the media from the ASIAIR and insert them into another computer."

That is correct. The log folder does not appear in the ASIAIR Image Management window. I think ZWO thinks that it would scare the horses and children.

The folder is in the storage device, and you can either move the device to a computer, or access the device through the Samba server on the ASIAIR through your network.

Check this old thread, for example, on how to access the Samba server

https://bbs.astronomy-imaging-camera.com/d/10629-access-files-stored-on-the-usb-drive-over-network

You can also access the built in eMMC memory on an ASIAIR with a USB-C port. That port looks like an external disk drive when connected to your computer.

Chen

My AM5 has been working very well, so no worries so far ! 😀

Untitled2.jpg

Edited by jpoulette
Correct spelling !
  • Like 1