SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rusty processing

neil phillips

It probably shows. Been ages since i processed a Jupiter image. Random redo from 2022. Go easy if its odd. Pipp winjupos A/S3. Image analyzer. Registax. Astro surface used in its creation.

Brushing up for the summer jupiter fest

10" Orion. 462c. ZWO ADC Celestron ultima 2x barlow (or baader Q ?)

At risk of upsetting purists a 150%

redo 

redo 2.bmp 150.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

As Peter says a tad heavy with the sharpening 😉 Cracking data. So this is what you've got to eclipse with the Stella 🙂

And learn how to hold back again. As i said should have sat closer i can see it more. I did it lying down 3 feet away. bad choice lol. i will re adjust at some point. just fun playing with data again

Edited by neil phillips

11 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

And learn how to hold back again. As i said should have sat closer i can see it more. I did it lying down 3 feet away. bad choice lol. i will re adjust at at some point. just fun playing with data again

Classic mistake is sharpening whilst lying down. To be fair most of my images look better 3 feet away!  😜

This looks like the one you won a prize with on the imaging challenge? Get that seeing at over 50 degrees with the 12" mirror and they'll be dancing in the streets of Suffolk, Mississippi 😁

I am not sure it looks similair i think i have another slightly better, i got just before cloud rolled in i got one capture. dont think this one is it, cant be certain. but seem to remember it was a single one off capture i caught. your memory is good though. i will give you that, i did indeed win in a comp with the GRS 

The offenders up top have been reigned in a bit. not a complete redo, as the jist was there. just none of the extra stuff i did. The texture is more gaseous

Edited by neil phillips

Just now, Kon said:

Very nice reprocess but as others have said a bit oversharpened from your usual standards. How did the original post look for comparison?

Hi Kon it was worse. To offensive to stay there. 😄 I was laying down about three feet away, just messing around with a Jupiter i bumped into. I didn't actually redo it. i just back tracked with less sharpening. So not as bad as the original post. It takes a while to get in the zone when you haven't been doing any for months. Initially i think you go through a process of trying too hard. Done it before i will do it again. But lots of captures and lots of processing, makes your judgments a little better i think. I have so many images of jupiter and especially lunar. i dont bother with them most of the time, but they are archived. Before Jupiter comes back maybe i should dig some out i don't know 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Always worth have a play with old data, especially during the quite planetary imaging periods. Does feel ages since i had a session worthy of any discussion. 

That will all change late august if you have a go Pete. Over 50 degrees its going to be fun

Cheers

• Like 1