SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

12" mono mosaic

neil phillips

Took this before i did the 2x work posted recently. I say took this with all the large chips floating around here. it was more an evening of it lol. Both capturing and definitely processing. 14 panes all cleaned and registered in pipp before AS/3 

1500 MM FL F5 12" Stella Lyra NEQ6 R PRO mount  IR685 Filter  3000 frames a piece stacking 415 on each pane Even though its only 1500 mm Focal length. there does seem to be a benefit with the bigger mirror. Not too shabby for a windy night

click for full size 95% capture size

12 stella lyra.png grey.png 2.png 95.png b.png

Just a touch smoother

smoother.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 7

Just now, Space Cowboy said:

Super mosaic!

Vallis Alpes rille showing nicely. Pretty impressive at that resolution. Seems to be decent optics Neil 😉

I'll have to try Pipp. Didn't realize it worked for lunar.

Yeah i noticed that. don't expect to see it that often with that lighting and only 1500mm but your right can see it as it finishes to the right. 

The pipp trick is to stabilize, get rid of all the movement. Do a quality sort, throw away most of the offenders before it hits AS/3 makes sense if you think about it. 

Yeah i think its performing rather nicely, cheers bud. Roll on Jupiter. Waiting for Jupiter. My goal now is to get this beast on the moon when its high under good shadow and good seeing. Don't think its showed its worth quite yet, just a feeling. 

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

Yeah i noticed that. don't expect to see it that often with that lighting and only 1500mm but your right can see it as it finishes to the right. 

The pipp trick is to stabilize, get rid of all the movement. Do a quality sort, throw away most of the offenders before it hits AS/3 makes sense if you think about it. 

Yeah i think its performing rather nicely, cheers bud. Roll on Jupiter. Waiting for Jupiter. My goal now is to get this beast on the moon when its high under good shadow and good seeing. Don't think its showed its worth quite yet, just a feeling. 

I see so Pipp works the same as on planets.  

You're certainly looking in good shape for Jupiter 😉

I see so Pipp works the same as on planets.  

You're certainly looking in good shape for Jupiter 😉

Yeah just the same. The stabilize function will cause lost black data on the edges, which i crop off on ser player  before  putting it back on  for a quality estimation. It can be done in one go. But i would have thought you may get a better quality estimation without black edge bars jumping around. hence cropping on ser player tools before re running back on pipp for a quality estimation 

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Yeah just the same. The stabilize function will cause lost black data on the edges, which i crop off on ser player  before  putting it back on  for a quality estimation. It can be done in one go. But i would have thought you may get a better quality estimation without black edge bars jumping around. hence cropping on ser player tools before re running back on pipp for a quality estimation 

Tried it last night and it certainly makes a big difference to fine detail with tiny craters showing up. I bet it works for Solar too.👍

Tried it last night and it certainly makes a big difference to fine detail with tiny craters showing up. I bet it works for Solar too.👍

Glad to hear its improved the images. Solar yes. Its a great function. the real guessing game. Is how many to keep. How many to throw. don't want to throw to many. Or have too many bad frames running along. Its a guess. I was doing a quality keep of 4000 from 10.000. Reason i saved so many is to allow Pipp to make mistakes. and not throw too many good useable frames away. Until AS/3 sees them. Then i am stricter

I am doing a random Jupiter from last year. stabilize pipp before doing video derotation winjupos. Then once all frames are still  ( pipp ) and derotated ( winjupos ) back on to pipp. for a quality sort. And  slimming down of bad frames.  I prefer not to quality sort, before derotation. As i don't want to mess up the time frame. Not sure if it does or not. But wont take the risk. It takes longer of course. Even with a Ryzen 7.

8 cores  running its fairly slow. about 30 mins. But i dont mind.

Edited by neil phillips

2 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Glad to hear its improved the images. Solar yes. Its a great function. the real guessing game. Is how many to keep. How many to throw. don't want to throw to many. Or have too many bad frames running along. Its a guess. I was doing a quality keep of 4000 from 10.000. Reason i saved so many is to allow Pipp to make mistakes. and not throw too many good useable frames away. Until AS/3 sees them. Then i am stricter

I am doing a random Jupiter from last year. stabilize pipp before doing video derotation winjupos. Then once all frames are still  ( pipp ) and derotated ( winjupos ) back on to pipp. for a quality sort. And  slimming down of bad frames.  I prefer not to quality sort, before derotation. As i don't want to mess up the time frame. Not sure if it does or not. But wont take the risk. It takes longer of course. Even with a Ryzen 7.

8 cores  running its fairly slow. about 30 mins. But i dont mind.

Always found Pipp great on planets when there's variable trans though as3 seems to have improved over the years dealing with variable conditions.

I had to use the limit function on solar shots for as3 to stack properly because of the drift so will be interesting to run those through Pipp first.

Edited by Space Cowboy
  • Like 1