Narrowband

Luna - macro and micro

josefk

I enjoyed two bites of the cherry last night and this morning. A first early evening session with GnG kit to attempt a low contrast full Luna sketch then later a for a close up attempt on an eye-catching twin crater arrangement seen while making the full sketch (little did i know)...

i'm quite happy with this one:

IMG_3689.thumb.jpeg.91c1f7b4a429095922f29b4c288bfc95.jpeg

The eye-catching craters are those in Oceanus Procellarum - newbie alert - I sketched the below later without knowing what it was at the time. I'm not happy with the "sketch" (ahem) but it has helped me identify Valles Shroteri, Aristarchus, Aristarchus B, Aristarchus Z, Herodotus, Herodotus N, & Vaisala "after the fact" oh dear oh dear oh dear:

IMG_3690.jpeg.2467e32234cab25c3b4622713434e519.jpeg

I was super happy with the TOA and AZ100 at 400x using a Tak 5LE and TV 2x PM. All balanced and quickly settling. It was all flying by with just an 8' FOV though!

Edited by josefk
  • Like 6