Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Gee-gee re-worked in SiriL

The Admiral

I'm just starting to investigate SiriL, and I used the files of the Horsehead I obtained earlier in the year, and had ago at processing with Ha blending. Here's the resultant image.

IC4342023-Sirilprocess-2.jpg.f9f1982c1571636214baad6e226f17dc.jpg

It may be a bit OTT, but I'm quite pleased with the end result, lots of lovely detail visible compared to my earlier attempt posted here. As before, I stacked in APP, but this time did the principal processing in SiriL, followed by a bit of finishing in Lightroom. I was quite impressed with the effect of the Contrast Limited Adaptive Histogram Equalization filter, as it enabled me to easily get the detail in the Ha.

Thanks for looking.

Ian

Edited by The Admiral
AAP changed to APP.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Lazy Astronomer said:

maybe a bit much with the Ha contribution

Thanks TLA. The RGB compositing tool doesn't appear to offer a way of varying the contributions of components, like APP does, or at least, I haven't discovered it. Probably need to use pixel math(s), which is currently beyond my pay grade 😉.

Ian

Edited by The Admiral