SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SH2-155 Cave nebula

Avdhoeven

This image shows SH2-155 aka the Cave nebula which consists of 180 images! With APP I was able to integrate my Luminance, H-alpha and color data to get really the most out of the data. I used blurxterminator to get even more detail out of the image in combination with a touch of noisexterminator. 

I'm very happy with the result that came out with the new programs. The colours of the stars were as I liked them to be and somehow it resulted (in my opinion) in a very colourful representation of this beautiful region in the sky. 

More info about the region:

This colorful skyscape features the dusty, reddish glow of Sharpless catalog emission region Sh2-155, the Cave Nebula. About 2,400 light-years away, the scene lies along the plane of our Milky Way Galaxy toward the royal northern constellation of Cepheus. 

Astronomical explorations of the region reveal that it has formed at the boundary of the massive Cepheus B molecular cloud and the hot, young, blue stars of the Cepheus OB 3 association. The bright rim of ionized hydrogen gas is energized by the radiation from the hot stars, dominated by a bright blue O-type star. Radiation driven ionization fronts are likely triggering collapsing cores and new star formation within. Appropriately sized for a stellar nursery, the cosmic cave is over 10 light-years across. [Source: APOD]

Exposure info:
Telescope: TMB92    Camera: QSI583ws
Lum: 90x300s + 21x600s   Ha: 42x1200s    R,G,B: 9,9,9x600s
Total: 29,5 hours

Sh2-155_Cavenebula_v2023.thumb.jpg.d1831878795f776e2a89ce35758efd13.jpg

• Like 12