Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help needed Please

Hi everyone...Help needed Please! though not sure if this is the correct place for this thread.

Anyhow, in the bottom left third of this image of Bristol's famous granary building, is a 'to let' sign, and yes you are right, it needs to be gotten rid of!

How can I go about doing this in photoshop elements please? I know very little about cloning or otherwise...

Thanks in anticipation of your guidance....

cheers,

bob

DSC04868a.jpg

I don’t use elements but if you have a layers option l would take a copy of adjacent brickwork that matches paste and slide until it matches other brickwork and covers the poster.  Flatten. You may need to do this in more than one iteration. 

Carole

Such a thing is quite difficult. What I would try is find an area in the photo which has a similar background feature, you have two free archways on that side of the building, select and area with rectangular or freehand lasso/marquee selection, copy and paste over the sign area onto a new layer above the original. Then scale/skew until the perspective matches the original layer. You might have to do this a few times until you've completely covered the sign. Then adjust the colours on each until they match, you might have to manually paint or feather the edge of each layer (or apply on a mask layer) so they blend better with the original.

The lit side of the building has the possibility of selecting the whole feature you need to replace, which could be used if you flip mirror the copied area, and can adjust the colours to match the dark side of the building.

Using the clone tool for this will be difficult.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Elp said:

Such a thing is quite difficult. What I would try is find an area in the photo which has a similar background feature, you have two free archways on that side of the building, select and area with rectangular or freehand lasso/marquee selection, copy and paste over the sign area onto a new layer above the original. Then scale/skew until the perspective matches the original layer. You might have to do this a few times until you've completely covered the sign. Then adjust the colours on each until they match, you might have to manually paint or feather the edge of each layer (or apply on a mask layer) so they blend better with the original.

The lit side of the building has the possibility of selecting the whole feature you need to replace, which could be used if you flip mirror the copied area, and can adjust the colours to match the dark side of the building.

Using the clone tool for this will be difficult.

thanx so much Carole and Elp...that is greatly appreciated...will let you know how i get on!

cheers

bob

Yes, Elp’s description is more detailed and helpful than mine.  
I will have a go at it when l get on the PC, but l am sure you want to do it yourself  

Carole

Edited by carastro
  • Like 2