Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eqm-35 pro stepper motor

Hedlund

Hello 

I have have a eqm-35 pro and i have a problem with my stepper motor on dec axis. Its making grinding noises.

It dosent turn. I disassemble the dec drive and found that the stepper motor was bad.

I have checkt on the internet for a replacement part but I only find steppermotor for eq3/eq3 pro.

I wounder if anyone know if it the same stepper motor on the eqm-35 Pro?

8 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Have you tried swapping the the DEC/ALT connections to prove it's the motor & not the driver & does it have anything printed on it, to at least give us an idea of what to look for ??

20230328_211715.jpg

I'm sure the steppers used are NIMA 17's but you would need to get one that has the same dimensions and micro stepping specifications.  I would suggest you contact the retailer from where the mount was purchased and ask if a replacement could be obtained.  However I would suggest you confirm the issue is the motor and not the synscan controller by swapping the motors as advised in posts above

I tried to swap the motors and both motors work separtly. Then i tried to swap the cabels too the motor and both works.

I took apart the controlmodule to inspect the motherboard and soldering, I found some bad soldering/cracks on the board.

Then I took apart both motorn and test it on the bench, now both motor works and no noise from dec motor.

Now im gonna to resolder the bad soldering and hope it works.

Thank you all for the help.

20230329_204557.jpg

The synscan unit in the image is one of the newer boards that use an ARM processor.  It's strange that such a new board has dry and cracked joints, but glad you have manged to do some testing and found that both motors are fine and that you have found the possible cause.