SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ISS transit

fortytwo

Kon, Pete,

Thankyou. That is the one I have been trying to use when I found Calsky was no more.

However I'm not sure it is working as designed for me, perhaps you can clarify your experience for me.

For example there are auto select and select from map options, neither of which work for me.

If I enter the co-ordinates manually (which I am happy to do) and hit calculate it moves to the calculating page but never seems to come up with results, either positive or negative, it just keeps saying calculating, how long does it typically take for you?

I am only searching for a week as a test.

The instructions on the site say that the date range defaults to today + 20 days but again not for me?

Thankyou,

Jeff

32 minutes ago, fortytwo said:

Kon, Pete,

Thankyou. That is the one I have been trying to use when I found Calsky was no more.

However I'm not sure it is working as designed for me, perhaps you can clarify your experience for me.

For example there are auto select and select from map options, neither of which work for me.

If I enter the co-ordinates manually (which I am happy to do) and hit calculate it moves to the calculating page but never seems to come up with results, either positive or negative, it just keeps saying calculating, how long does it typically take for you?

I am only searching for a week as a test.

The instructions on the site say that the date range defaults to today + 20 days but again not for me?

Thankyou,

Jeff

Strange. I just tested it for my location and it took less than 5s. Even if doesn't find transits it will tell you. I have used both auto location and use my GPS without issues. Unless you got it in a bad moment.

Try limit to 1km as initial test.

On 28/03/2023 at 19:39, Freddie said:

Give Heavens Above a go.

Thanks Freddie, yes I already use Heavens Above and of course it shows the track of a pass relative to the night sky but not sure it is accurate enough for a transit.

Cheers,

Jeff

On 28/03/2023 at 19:21, Kon said:

Strange. I just tested it for my location and it took less than 5s. Even if doesn't find transits it will tell you. I have used both auto location and use my GPS without issues. Unless you got it in a bad moment.

Try limit to 1km as initial test.

I know, its strange. I've tried it on my phone tonight and it works fine so there must be something in my laptop, I might try clearing the cache and see if that helps at all.

Cheers,

Jeff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fortytwo said:

Thanks Keith, I can't find transit prediction on there but I do like the website, I'll put that in my favourites thankyou.

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

In order to receive email alerts when the ISS will be visible from your location it is necessary to sign up and give your location.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/signup.cfm

You will find the sign up link on the top RHS of the page. That’s it, you will soon be receiving alerts, I have been using it for years and it is amazingly accurate, of course it is it’s NASA 😂

Cheers

Keith

7ADBD47E-189D-406D-AE0A-F1420D72C822.png

Edited by Moonshed