Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first proper guided image - M101

Vega

Well... I've finally come over to the the dark side in full lol. My first go at this beautiful spiral and my first image taken through a telescope with guiding in full flow.

m101_framed_med.jpg

Canon 400D, CLS Filter

250px (imaging scope)

Bresser 70/700 frac & toucam (guiding)

26x 4 minute exposures & ISO 800, 10xDarks

Processed in Images Plus, PS, PixInsight

Am very pleased with the results for a first guider shot :-) (I have guided before using a canon zoom lens.. however this is my first time guiding with telescope as imaging device :)

Cheers

Matt

Thanks peeps. I'm now imaging M51 with the same setup.. 13 x 4 min exposures so far.. another very late night for me I think! Such a nice treat to have 3 clear nights on the trot over Easter. I originally wanted to target one of the many galaxies in Virgo but after a small amount of murky cloud blocking my view and then the GOTO going all wierd.. I opted for M51 which I could find manually.

Anyone got any advice as to the most ideal target in virgo for a DSLR? I was thinking maybe M90?

Matt

Archived