Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Starsense with gps setup help

I am bit new to this and I am trying to setup a starsense with celestron gps. Has anyone done this?  The directions in the gps manual are for the nextstar systems.  Nothing for the starsence hand controller. The system I have is an ADVANCED VX 8" SCHMIDT-CASSEGRAIN TELESCOPE with gps and starsense.  I am not able to find the utility in the hand controller for the starsense menu so I do not know how to turn on the gps and get time date.  I would like to be able to take my telescope with me when I travel and it would be nice to be able to use the gps. I have tried to connect the gps to one of the aux ports on the AVX mount and tried connecting the gps to the hc (hand controller) port and the hc to the aux port on the gps which is what the manual for the gps says. Anyone who has done this setup and it works please provide the details on how to do this.  Thanks

4 hours ago, Enaranen said:

I am bit new to this and I am trying to setup a starsense with celestron gps. Has anyone done this?  The directions in the gps manual are for the nextstar systems.  Nothing for the starsence hand controller. The system I have is an ADVANCED VX 8" SCHMIDT-CASSEGRAIN TELESCOPE with gps and starsense.  I am not able to find the utility in the hand controller for the starsense menu so I do not know how to turn on the gps and get time date.  I would like to be able to take my telescope with me when I travel and it would be nice to be able to use the gps. I have tried to connect the gps to one of the aux ports on the AVX mount and tried connecting the gps to the hc (hand controller) port and the hc to the aux port on the gps which is what the manual for the gps says. Anyone who has done this setup and it works please provide the details on how to do this.  Thanks

In the Starsense hand controller, you should be able to set the GPS module as the source of date/time under the Time and Location menu - Time/Loc mode. You need to give the GPS module time to lock on to enough satellites to be accurate when you turn the mount on - this can take 30s to 1 minute (occasionally longer). You should see a solid 'G' when you go to view/mode time when the GPS has a firm lock - a flashing 'G' means it is still working on an accurate lock. You can't start your Starsense alignment until the GPS has got a good lock.

• Like 1

I found it !!!!!  Thanks. I swear I looked in the time date section of menu but when I looked this time there was a time date location source and it showed gps as option. I was able to select it and it seems to work.one thing down on to next. Now if I can just figure out how to get the starsense setup not to fail I should be able to start using my telescope.