Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Vdb 14 and 15, Sh2-202 and Stock 23.

ollypenrice

I did an HaLRGB of this a few years ago using Tak 106/mono CCD.

This new version is mostly RASA 8/OSC CMOS done with Paul Kummer. The data were shot before we'd sorted the cable routing so the stars were slightly elongated. When I replaced the stars after StarXterminator I opted for the earlier Tak ones to cure this problem. I also added the Tak Ha but, in fact, it hardly shows other than in the small, isolated nebula lower left.

I'm converted to avoiding extra Ha where possible because the proportion of reflection dust to emission gas is much higher, making for a more subtle image. Also, the remarkable colour range in the emission, going from strong magenta to light orange, was entirely absent in the HaLRGB. In that one all the emission is the same colour. I found this much more interesting to work on than the old one.

VDB1415Sh2-202Stock23sRGBsmall.thumb.jpg.6fff79f8a4a313e7193134b50ea3c96c.jpg

Olly

• Like 13

9 hours ago, gorann said:

Nice image Olly and really strikingly different from my attempt with the RASA8s and NBZ filter. Almost two different worlds. In this case your RGB found dust where I found none:

https://www.astrobin.com/41tu0y/B/

Would be fun to combine them to a HaOiiiRGB image

We could certainly try it. I'm not sure how we'd be able to present, simultaneously, the deep Ha and the dust, since they occupy more or less the same space but worth a try.

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice
Typo