Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is there a compact tripod capable of holding SkyTee 2 mount?

Greymouser

• Cornelius Varley changed the title to Is there a compact tripod capable of holding SkyTee 2 mount?

I sometimes put my Ayo or Giro on my Manfrotto 055PROB and open the legs to the second position for extra stability… and I don’t fully extend the legs either.

IMG_0580.thumb.JPG.fc6f227bf7e974dd59c6c96ea3f25fe2.JPG
Image above of my Ayo and Giro mounts on SkyWatcher aluminium tripods. I don’t fully extend the legs on these tripods too!

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Alan White said:

Does the overall height also have an issue for you?
Clearly thats as important to stowed size in many instances.

No the overall height is no issue, the important one s stowed size. As compact as possible. I have even wondered about shortening a Skywatcher tripod but doubt that would work. Maybe scratch build one...

• Like 1

I use a leofoto carbon fibre one for my azgti AP rig (as well as visual) but I'd doubt it will fulfil your load requirement. It was generally the most compact carbon fibre one I could find, closed size is around a forearm length.

• Like 1