Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

People selling 3D printed Masks

Skyline

In the early days of Thingiverse I had about 75 different project uploaded to Thingiverse.
Later on I erased them all due to personal reasons.
These days here on SGL I often get requests from 'members' registered just minutes before and later on never heard of again. The only goal of these people is harvesting the work of other members. As a matter of fact I never reply to these people let alone send files to them. Most of them are from one particular country that like to copy all kind of things.

Regular members here on SGL I do send files from time to time, but not by PM. I always send files by mail or Wetransfer.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2023 at 09:15, Chriske said:

In the early days of Thingiverse I had about 75 different project uploaded to Thingiverse.
Later on I erased them all due to personal reasons.
These days here on SGL I often get requests from 'members' registered just minutes before and later on never heard of again. The only goal of these people is harvesting the work of other members. As a matter of fact I never reply to these people let alone send files to them. Most of them are from one particular country that like to copy all kind of things.

Regular members here on SGL I do send files from time to time, but not by PM. I always send files by mail or Wetransfer.

This I will be doing - deleting my prints from Thingiverse and hosting on my own site, which you can order via the website or freely order should you want to print yourself.

Edited by Skyline

I agree it is a good idea to use your own site for products. I don't have much hope of the auction site controlling things.

If the seller is ripping off work, what is the quality of the poduct?
Does he understand the print quality required?

My Bahtinov masks are all from 'proper' astronomy sources.
They are the correct dimensions and have good print or machining quality.