Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Gosky 10x42 roof prism binoculars.

Chaz2b

I’ve just bought a pair, for £34.99 delivered, which is a good price, but not having used roof prism binos before I can’t compare them with anything I’ve got. 
Has anyone else purchased this set and can compare?

chaz

BD49B208-0D59-4FB7-B039-7ABC389D522B.jpeg

Haven't tried those but they look much like many out there. One check if you plan on using for night sky would be to aim at brighter stars/planets/moon and see if you get a line in the view - you may see it when the bright object intersects the roof edge, roughly central. If so that'd be the roof edge on the prisms, some older/cheaper ones show that but how much that interferes/bothers you is a personal thing. You can just shift the view slightly so the bright bits aren't on/crossing the edge after all 😉 

Good luck with them, a bargain price so if using for regular daytime stuff should be fine.

Thanks for you input Dave, day viewing is a bit misleading due to the lovely clouds, when will they go? Getting up and close with the birds is nice and stable compared to holding my Orion Resolux binos, which are heavy too! But a hint of sun would help in determining the CA, they say they are HD glass but not ED, don’t know quite what to make of that.lol

chaz

• 2 weeks later...

First Astro viewing tonight, the moon was a belter with plenty of earth shine to enjoy. Well these are a great pair, very comparable with my 10x50 binos.

I used them with a monopod to keep the moon stable, plus the detail in Orions nebula was a joy too! 
The price mentioned was an introductory price so prices will vary.

All in a very good pair that I’ll be using more for both terrestrial and Astro viewing on the go.

chaz

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

You know how it is, the more you see it the more you SEE it!

I wish they’d blackened the edges of the objectives, I can’t see how I’m going to do it as there’s rubber casing all around them.

so what I should be asking is, has anyone managed to remove the objectives on a pair like this without destroying them?

chaz

IMG_6603.jpeg

Edited by Chaz2b