SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ASIAIR Phone Connection

Hi everyone, I've just got an HEQ5 mount and tonight trying guiding, after finally setting up the ASIAIR plus to my guide camera and ZWO ASI545MC to my 400mm Canon lens, I've done all the polar alignment tracking, guiding and set it to work on M81 for an hour to practice to get familiar with it (quite a learning curve coming from an unguided Star Adventurer but one question i have is can i still use my phone for calls or texts for example or does the ASIAIR need to be connected to the in phone app all the time while imaging. sorry if this sounds obvious but i cant find a definitive answer to it.

Thanks in advance

Jamie

Hi 

Yes you can still make calls etc. The phone is essentially just a remote control as soon as you put in the auto plan details on what you want the AAP to do and hit go it will run throughout regardless of if the app closes or even if the phone runs out of battery. 

Edited by Simon Pepper