Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Ghost and the Iris - 6 scopes and now 11.5 years!

Laurin Dave

A reprocess of all the above data using Russ Croman's game changing BXT, SXT and NXT tools, Pixinsight and Photoshop.  Smaller more colourful stars, brown and more dust, more detail in the Iris..  Wide field and close up of the Iris.

Thanks for looking

Dave

Iris_LRGB_v3_Core_7Mar23_Final_RS.thumb.jpg.c63de35f455fc5dcfbf7cfd8c3e9bea5.jpg

Iris_E150_LRGB_Final_7Mar23_50pc.thumb.jpg.51d0c358e7322fca66c8b6c11b862996.jpg

• Like 17

That is mighty!

In particular, I don't think I've ever seen such an interesting Iris. As well as the elusive pinks, you have some rarely seen shafts of brown dustiness close to the core.

This region is an absolute 'must' for the Croman tools. They change everything.

Olly

2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

As a purely Visual Observer (so far!) I find these kind of images just stunning. Beautiful work!

Thanks you Jason

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

That is mighty!

In particular, I don't think I've ever seen such an interesting Iris. As well as the elusive pinks, you have some rarely seen shafts of brown dustiness close to the core.

This region is an absolute 'must' for the Croman tools. They change everything.

Olly

Thanks Olly, much appreciated...  the Iris benefitted from Pixinsight's LHE and HDRM, with HDRM bringing out those shafts of dust.  Layered together and merged in Photoshop of course ;)  .   I've also realised at last that too early application of SCNR or HLVG destroys the browns in dust. 

Dave

48 minutes ago, glafnazur said:

Beautifully done, one of the best images I've seen of the Iris 👍

Thank you

• Like 1