Narrowband

Redcat 51 version 1.5 problem

I have an issue with a Redcat 51 i bought secondhand 2 years ago. I took it out of my obsy for a clean and to blow dust off the lens and change cameras. As I was holding it vertically resting the base on my thigh to unscew the lens cap I felt and saw the focuser and lens tube move. There is play of around 1.5mm around the focusing tube where it enters the back of scope. There appears to be no way to adjust play and I read recently on an American forum about a guy with a redcat who thought he had tilt which he couldnt dial out with the adjuster. He paid WO $500 to repair the unit but they dont give a diagnosis or explain what repairs have been made. Anyone had the same problem? rumour has it WO glue the helical focusing tube into the back body. There are two gaskets on the back body which i dare not remove but if anyone has taken one of these apart for repair it would be interesting to know. I dont fancy paying WO £500 to repair a bad glue job if thats what it is and its still sharp right up the edge. 

Any ideas

John

Edited by John MacDonald
  • Sad 1