SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The forthcoming AP 110 GTX

Lottery now announced, price is $6750, and there's some discussion about the source of the lenses (although they are being polished / figured /spaced and set up by AP, apparently).

With reducer, duty, VAT and shipping that's likely pushing $12K this side of the pond

Makes a 120 Tak seem like a bargain 

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up. It would be wonderful to own one of these legendary scopes, but that’s a huge amount of money for a 110mm scope, especially if you are a visual only observer. I imagine you could instantly sell the AP scope for more than you paid though. For most buyers it’s more of a collectors item I would guess. 

Edited by RobertI

It's about $1K above the median between the current AP 90 and 130, which I guess is inflation, plus larger aperture is parabolically more expensive

The Stowaway was $3750 if you could get one, and I think they are out of production. Blanks were probably a lot cheaper when they started the run, and they sell for more than list, so I guess they were under market price. I think this pricing will scare off the flippers and may be too much for even the fanboys.

The GTX 130 was $8K and ditto. Going forward the price will increase if they are still rolling these out

$6750 for the GTX 110 is a lot of money. You need to add a reducer at 1.5K, tube rings etc so up to $8250, and if you buy one in Europe there's 20% + taxes and duty and shipping, so say $10K or 8,500 Sterling minimum

What you should get is an f5 flat field close to perfect corrected 110mm APO across full frame. I guess the FSQ 106 is the closest, but the AP should be better (ie more consistent and designed for smaller pixel camers) than the FSQ)

Edited by 900SL