SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rotating the camera and Darks

Just a quick one.  I have added a rotator to the front of the imaging train so i can get better framing (when the clouds finally go away), as the reduced/filter/camera are all moving when rotated, i take it the darks etc would be fine to use from my library?  I would only need to take them again if the filter etc didn't move, am i correct?

Thanks for any info.

Darks care about exposure length, temperature, gain, and offset. The telescope or whether there even is one attached to the camera does not matter for darks so they will work in any camera orientation.

Flats do require retaking each time you remove the camera or change the orientation.

Edited by ONIKKINEN
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, ONIKKINEN said:

Darks care about exposure length, temperature, gain, and offset. The telescope or whether there even is one attached to the camera does not matter for darks so they will work in any camera orientation.

Flats do require retaking each time you remove the camera or change the orientation.

Thanks for that, so at least it will be the quicker ones i need to grab, I can store them with each set of images.

Edited by sinbad40