Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New CPRE petition on light pollution

Aramcheck

Mod's - please remove if deemed inappropriate...

In anticipation of a review of national planning policy in the UK, CPRE have launched a petition calling for stronger national and local policy to combat light pollution. Using a pro-forma email their asking people to write to their MP about the issue.

If interested - simply use the link below:-

https://takeaction.cpre.org.uk/page/119341/action/1

It only takes a couple of minutes at most.

Cheers
Ivor

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, SteveNickolls said:

Thanks for this, I will sign too. However legislation and guidance must be for all locations not just for the countryside.

Cheers,

Steve

Maybe, by supporting the core of the area, could it expand as the perimeter residents realise the benefits? 

... I'm way too idealistic \o/

1 minute ago, Pompey Monkey said:

Maybe, by supporting the core of the area, could it expand as the perimeter residents realise the benefits? 

... I'm way too idealistic \o/

That is a nice thought but when as an example you have two large new housing estates with more than 1500 homes being built around you the present legislation and controls do little to help retain or lessen sky glow. You may have heard the one about no hope and Bob Hope? Unfortunately the road ahead is more light pollution for more people as conurbations spill out to the once more rural areas.

• Like 1