SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Montage of images from the 2022/23 Mars appatition

geoflewis

2 minutes ago, maw lod qan said:

Excellent work!

Most people would think the only way you could see Mars would be with the help of NASA!

Little do they realize what a dedicated person with a telescope can do!

Thanks and yes, a few non astronomy folks who I've showed some of the images, were borderline disbelieving that I captured them from my back yard.

23 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Nice work Geoff.  lovely results and presentation. Getting ready to try and do Something myself soon. 

Thanks Neil, I look forward to seeing those results. Good luck with the new rig.

These are excellent! And the montage would make a nice poster/wall chart. I’d certainly have it on my wall. 

Of course there’s more detail here but I’m a visual observer and can recognise these from viewing Mars over the recent months having started back at the end of June when, of course, it was rather tiny. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, PeterStudz said:

These are excellent! And the montage would make a nice poster/wall chart. I’d certainly have it on my wall. 

Of course there’s more detail here but I’m a visual observer and can recognise these from viewing Mars over the recent months having started back at the end of June when, of course, it was rather tiny. 

Thanks Peter, I’m thinking of getting this montage and the 360 deg map printed and mounted together.