Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NINA Flats Wizard

I keep getting an error when doing flats with the wizard. I adjust my panel as requested and it seems every time I get to the right brightness it throws up a "Matrix is singular" error. I end up just using the sequencer but wondering if anyone else gets this or has any idea what's causing it. 

43 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

How do you have the minimum brightness set? I have seen this issue come up when it's set to 0, might be worth a try changing if it is.

I'm running it as sky flats as I manually adjust my homemade flat panel. 

image.thumb.png.b87ac475e86a18bfa709634c8b6de4fb.png

Edited by Anthonyexmouth

Just to add I manually change my panel brightness and use dynamic exposure to get the time to where I want it. Obv if you take the flats and flat darks at the same time it'll expose the darks for the same length as the flats.

20 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

Just realised what you're saying so why use Sky flats rather than the dynamic option

I struggle with getting a good blackout for my dark flats and as I don't need new ones as often as I need flats, which tbh I don't do nearly as often as I should, I try to take the flats just before a session. I'm trying to get in the habit of doing them once a month. 

Anyway. I figured as I have a permanent outdoor pier setup with nothing changing month to month that would be ok. 

So if possible I'd like to avoid having to take matching dark flats every time. At the moment I just set image loop on and adjust until my ADU is in the right area then snap off 15x. Just odd that the flats wizard seems to be happy telling me if its too dim or bright but then when it seems in range I get that error. 

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but the wizard will take the flats and darks at the same time, or as part of the same process to be more accurate, so other than it taking longer there's no more you need to do

8 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but the wizard will take the flats and darks at the same time, or as part of the same process to be more accurate, so other than it taking longer there's no more you need to do

I guess I was just interested to find out if anyone else had this error. 

Unless it is a major hassle to exclude light from your set up, I would always take matching dark flats right after taking the flats. Exposure time and sensor temp should then be the same.