Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Apt point craft disappeared

solarboy

I lost point craft in APT but it was there all the time it had gone behind the main page this is how I got it back in case it happens to anyone  else. 

Below 

Please make the APT screen to be not   full screen and move  it near the screen borders. Somehow PointCraft became out of the visible area and this trick will bring it back :)

Regards Solarboy. 

• Like 1

Glad you got it sorted. I remember your post about it disappaering!

Your solution reminds me of an issue I had a while ago with APT, after installing it on a new PC.

It hung during first launch while loading the prefs file, which should have been an empty file as it was a clean install!! I tried all ways to fix it. Eventually I booted the PC into good ole "Safe Mode" and that caused APT to launch a bit diffenetly. And behind the launch splash screen was an error message "can't find the prefs file" at some location on the cloud. Turns out I'd synced OneDrive on my new imaging PC while installing some stuff. In another twist I'd also backed up the folder containg my APT Prefs file to OneDrive on my main laptop that also runs APT. Still with me? :) I switched off the Sync at some point as I didn't need it any longer...

Somehow the new instlation of APT went looking for my APT Prefs file on OneDrive for which I'd turned sync off 🤪. It took considerably longer to solve the problem than the above implies!

Why, one wonders, aren't windows error boxes sent to the front?? Or maybe it was for a fraction of a screen refresh before it was covered by the Splash Screen. That'll be why safemode helpped me spot it...

Edited by Paul M