Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Leo Triplet

Radec

As we know, with UK weather like it is, all I can do is reprocess old data with newly acquired algorithms.

So this is data from April 2021 - the Leo Triplet. It's an integration of 2 hours 42 mins on the same night, pre & post meridian flip.

Captured with APT and processed entirely in PI. No filters. BlurXT has done a good job of reducing some of the blobby stars without looking too false.

LeoTriplet_repro.jpg

• Like 21

4 hours ago, mirrorgirl1980 said:

very nice naterul colour and stars are razer sharp something i struggle with at times, very well done, and thanks for sharing.

Thanks - much appreciated

Keith

Wonderful.  I love the detail and you have not been tempted to over-saturate the colour like many - myself included - have a tendency to do.  What makes your image special is that you have a lot of the very faint outer reaches of the galaxies and I think that makes it especially nice to see. 

I am working on my own LRGBHa rendition of this when we get some clear nights.  I'd be over joyed if it turns out as good as yours.  Well done.

On 10/03/2023 at 11:01, CCD Imager said:

Great image Keith, very similar to my recent version. Its a cool group of galaxies to photograph. I see you have the Pegasus rotator, I'll be buying one tomorrow at the PAS.

Adrian

It’s one of those pieces of equipment that often sits idle, but on the occasion you need it, it is like your thumb - you wonder how you managed without it. Thanks for the comments 

On 10/03/2023 at 17:23, MartinB said:

Beautiful image and you've and I like your treatment of the stars

Thanks Martin, much appreciated. The wonders of BlurXterminator - a brilliant piece of addition to PI. Easy deconvolution for the first time. 

On 10/03/2023 at 19:01, kirkster501 said:

Wonderful.  I love the detail and you have not been tempted to over-saturate the colour like many - myself included - have a tendency to do.  What makes your image special is that you have a lot of the very faint outer reaches of the galaxies and I think that makes it especially nice to see. 

I am working on my own LRGBHa rendition of this when we get some clear nights.  I'd be over joyed if it turns out as good as yours.  Well done.

Thanks so much for the positive comments and good luck with your own version. Clear nights are a rarity in the UK at the moment and it’s Galaxy season! Grrrrr!