Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PixInsight - help with stitching images together prior to HDRComposition

Hi All,

Appreciate some help. I messed up the rotation of the image train between consecutive nights, by a whopping 90 degrees difference! You can see below that I have 5 different exposures here for L: 60, 30, 15, 8, 4 seconds.

On the first night I took the 15 seconds - the top right image - and you can see how registration has rotated it, but I've lost a substantial chunk in the process (the black areas).

This is my first attempt at HDRComposition. If I blindly run HDRComposition against the five images, PI gives an error, which is fair enough: "Error: Inconsistent HDR composition detected (bad linear fit, channel 0)".

Any ideas here? For completeness sake, the 30 exposure was completed over both nights, and you can see an imperfect blending of the two framings, in the middle left image, happening during registration.

Is there a tool, to potentially stitch together two of the images, so I use the foreground of one, on top of the other, to allow HDRComposition to then work?

I'd appreciate any advice on a route to take!

Thanks.

hdr.thumb.png.480fb036ced4c4d4b10245ac94b98647.png